Speech Competition: Students will begin giving speeches in class on January 30, 2019!
- All students must give a speech in class.
- The Speech Prompt is “How does cooperating with others achieve harmony?“
- The speech should be 3-5 minutes long.
- Note cards are optional.
- No speech should be read verbatim
- Do not use props or costumes
CONTENT (25 Points)
- Speech Development – Structure, Organization Support Material (10)
- Effectiveness – Achievement of Purpose (10)
- Speech Value – Ideas, Logic, Original Thought (5)
POISE/DELIVERY (25 Points)
- Physical Appearance – Confidence, Eye contact (5)
- Voice – Voice expression/projection, Tone & Voice (5)
- Manner – Enthusiasm (5)
- Correctness – Grammar, Word Selection (5)
- Appropriateness – To speech purpose & Audience (5)
Students who want to be enter the school contest, will give their speeches first. The winning student from each class will be notified by February 1, 2019. Those students will give their speeches to the school on February 5, 2019.
Save the Date! Thursday, January 31st is our Family STEAM Night here at Wolf Canyon. We will have experiments and activities for the whole family to participate in.
- January 31, 2019 – Wolf Canyon Family STEAM Night!
- February 15, 2019 – No School – Observance of Abraham Lincoln
- February 18, 2019 – No School – Observance of George Washington
- March 14 – 21, 2019 – Minimum Days – Parent/Teacher Student Led Conferences
- March 22, 2019 – Last Day of Third Quarter