Mid-Year Interim Level Set Test: This Wednesday 4th grade students will take the Mid-Year Interim Level Set Test. The purpose of this test is to see how your child’s Lexile level has changed since the beginning of the school year. The Level Set Test occurs 3 times a year, at the beginning, in the middle, and finally towards the end of the year. In order for a student to be considered proficient in 4th grade reading they must score a 740 Lexile or higher on the end of the year Level Set Test.
APEX Fundraiser: The Apex Fun Run fundraiser is in full swing and we have already received a lot of pledges! Remember, every dollar we earn from this fundraiser goes to support Wolf Canyon. The actual Fun Run will be this Thursday, November 29, during the school day. To log your pledges and contacts, go to:
AR Tests: Please remind your child to take an AR Test at school after they have read a book. These tests are meant to test comprehension skills and track your child’s reading progress. Students are encouraged to use the book as they take the test so that they may refer back to the text and any notes they may have taken.
Toy Drive: a toy drive is being conducted from November 1-30 if you would like to donate a toy. Toys can be dropped off in the front office.
Reading: It is a good idea to read with your child and ask them questions after they read. Having a conversation about their reading will help them make connections and improve their comprehension.
i-Ready Math: The i-Ready program is available for students to use at home. It seems to work best on a computer or laptop and using Google Chrome as the web browser. To navigate to the site follow these instructions.
- Visit www.cvesd.org
- Click on the Students Tab
- Click on the Office 365 Tab that says Sign in to your account
- Sign in
- Click on the app launcher (Waffle) icon
- You should see the i–Ready icon. Click it. If you do not see the i–ready icon then click “All apps” and find the i–ready icon. Click on the 3 dots next to the i–ready icon, then click “Pin to launcher”. Return to the app launcher (Waffle) icon and click on the i–Ready icon.
- Click on the green square to begin your i–ready lessons 🙂
Lost and Found – The Lost and Found is starting to accumulate!!! Please mark your children’s jackets, sweatshirts, lunch bags, etc with permanent marker. It will help us reunite lost items with their owners.
- November 29, 2018 – APEX Fun Run
- December 21, 2018 – Last Day of 2nd Quarter
- December 24, 2018 – January 14, 2019 – Winter Break